Be Alert - Zika virus
· Zika virus disease is caused by a virus transmitted by Aedes mosquitoes.
· People with Zika virus disease usually have a mild fever, skin rash (exanthema) and conjunctivitis. These symptoms normally last for 2-7 days.
· There is no specific treatment or vaccine currently available.
· The best form of prevention is protection against mosquito bites.
· The virus is known to circulate in Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.
· Genre: Flavivirus
· Vector: Aedes mosquitoes (which usually bite during the morning and late afternoon/evening hours)
· Reservoir: Unknown
Signs and Symptoms
Post by Doshti Healthcare