Amazing Health Benefits of Black Tea:
It is good to have black tea as part of one’s diet as it offers many health benefits which are part of its nutritional profile. The increased oxidation of the tea leaves makes them more flavourful and higher in caffeine content than the other varieties of tea. The flavour of black tea is retained for a longer time than in other forms of tea. The different health benefits of black tea are given below.
1. – Research has shown that consuming black tea helps to prevent the onset of cardiovascular problems. There are antioxidants present such as flavonoids which help to prevent the LDL cholesterol from being oxidized. Damage to blood stream and artery walls is reduced and the risk of heart diseases is also lowered. Consuming black tea can help reverse coronary artery diseases which come on due to endothelial vasomotor dysfunction. The flavonoids are also effective in reducing blood clots and coronary vasodilation. Manganese and polyphenols also help to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease by keeping the heart muscles healthy.
2. – antioxidants like polyphenols found in black tea help to prevent the formation of potential carcinogens in the body which results in preventing cancers like that of the colorectal, prostate, ovarian, lung and bladder. Black tea can help to prevent breast, prostate and stomach cancer. The compound known as TF-2 contained in tea promotes death of cancer cells and allows normal cells to remain unaffected. Black tea can also reduce the risk of oral cancer in those who smoke cigarettes or use other tobacco products. Black tea prevents the growth and formation of malignant tumours.
3. – free radicals can cause a lot of harm to the body such as cancer, atherosclerosis and blood clot formation. When one consumes unhealthy food the number of free radicals in the body increases. There are antioxidants present in black tea which help to remove such free radicals and protect the body from the onset of different ailments. Black tea is a good choice for such prevention.
4. – it is necessary to strengthen the immune system in order to fight different viruses and bacteria that can cause illnesses. Substances known as tannin contained in black tea has the ability to fight viruses like influenza, cold, flu, dysentery, hepatitis and others. One type of tannin called catechin is known to help in suppressing tumours. Alkylamine antigens present in black tea helps to boost the immune responses. One should opt to drink 3 to 4 cups of black tea per day in order to reduce inflammations as well as harmful pathogens.
5. – the catechin antioxidants present in black tea help in reducing oral cancers. Tannin and polyphenols contain antibiotics which inhibit bacteria which can cause tooth decay. Black tea also contains fluoride that fights bad breath as well as eradicates harmful bacteria from the oral cavity. Two cups of black tea provide good amount of fluorides for oral health.
6. – the low levels of caffeine content in black tea helps to promote blood flow to the brain without the jittery feelings brought on by high caffeine in coffee or stimulating the heart beyond the safe limits. Amino acid L-theanine present in black tea helps one to relax and concentrate on tasks at hand. If one consumes black tea four cups daily for one month they will find their stress levels going down caused by the cortisol hormone. The caffeine helps to boost the memory and mental alertness. It even protects against Parkinson’s disease.
7. – tannin present in black tea is beneficial for digestion. It can combat different kinds of intestinal and gastric illnesses and has a therapeutic effect. There is an anti-diarrhoea effect as well which helps in the intestinal activity. Polyphenols present in tea helps to lower intestinal inflammation which cause irritable bowel syndrome.
8. – there are powerful phytochemicals present in black tea which can help to strengthen bones as well as connective tissue. Black tea drinkers have been found to possess healthier bones.
9. – black tea drinkers have found it to be an energizing drink. The moderate levels of caffeine in it act as a stimulant to increase alertness and brain function. Caffeine in black tea is more beneficial than the caffeine content in coffee or cola like beverages. The theophylline compound found in tea helps to stimulate the kidneys, heart and the respiratory system. Such compounds can help maintain a healthy cardiovascular system.
10. – as black tea is low in fat, calories and sodium; it is beneficial for those who wish to lose weight. It can act as a substitute for unhealthy drinks like the carbonated beverages and prevent the addition of calories. It also helps to boost the metabolic activities and thus helps in .
11. – black tea helps to reduce the level of triglycerides. Bad cholesterol or LDL levels are reduced which in turn reduces the risk of heart diseases. The functioning of arteries is improved as well.
12. – the antioxidants called catechins help to strengthen the blood vessels and tannin helps to increase the resistance of the body. Tumour growth is retarded, allergic responses are reduced and onset of diabetes is also averted.
Amazing Benefits of Black Tea for Skin
The benefits of black tea for the skin and hair are several. It is considered to be good for the skin as it contains vitamins like C, E and B2. There are minerals present like zinc, potassium and magnesium as well as tannin and polyphenols. The drink has several nutritional benefits for the skin.
1. The high caffeine content in black tea helps to kill oral viruses and prevents skin infection. It helps to keep the skin blemish free.
2. Tea bags in moist and warm condition placed over the eye will help to reduce puffiness.
3. Black tea helps to reduce premature wrinkles and pimple formation. If one is suffering from skin problems they can try and consume one or two cups of black tea every day to see the benefits.
4. The antioxidants that are present in black tea can ward off skin cancer.
5. Extracts of tea can act as sun blocking agent if applied on the skin.
6. Tannins and polyphenols present in back tea helps to accelerate the skin regeneration process.
7. One can have glowing and blemish free skin by drinking black tea. The tannins protect the skin from the harmful effects of the environment. It also helps to improve the blood circulation and fight bacteria in the body.
Amazing Benefits of Black Tea for Hair
The caffeine and antioxidants present in black tea makes it beneficial for hair as well. It helps to develop hair that is strong and damage free. The benefits of black tea for hair are listed below.
1. Caffeine which is present in black tea helps to decrease DHT hormone which can cause hair loss.
2. Caffeine taken in moderation can help to stimulate hair growth while excessive caffeine can stunt growth of hair.
3. Black tea rinses as part of hair care regime can help to add shine, natural darkness and lustre. For this, one needs to add three tea bags to 6 cups of water. After the water is boiled with the tea bags, it should be kept and brought down to room temperature. Then it can be poured on the head and the hair wrapped in a towel. After that the hair can be washed off.
4. Black tea acts a natural dyeing agent. It is suitable for women who have dark brown or black hair and wish to . Black tea rinse will help to bring out natural highlights in the hair.
Black tea is known to contain caffeine, carbohydrates, potassium, minerals, fluoride, manganese and polyphenols. It also contains tannin, guanine, xanthine, purine, catechins and gallic esters. Polyphenol as an antioxidant is associated with many health benefits. The nutritional value of black tea can be summarized as follows:
· – black tea being low in calories as well as sodium is advantageous for people who wish to have a healthy substitute for the unhealthy colas and soft drinks.
· – black tea is known to contain complex flavonoids such as polyphenols which plays an important role for preventing diseases and consuming antioxidants. A cup of black tea will provide 200 mg of flavonoids. Theaflavins, thearuigins are powerful antioxidants. Drinking three cups of black tea can help to increase the concentration of flavonoids in the blood stream.
Thus, black tea has many beneficial properties for health as well as hair and skin. Consumed in moderation it will provide good effects but in large doses it can cause digestive problems, , , palpitation, and others. If you have any other information regarding black tea feel free to share here.
Post by Doshti Health Care
Reference : flickr