Take Care of Your Pancreas
Behind the stomach, located on the left side of the body, we have a gland which is responsible for producing certain digestive juices, in addition to insulin, an important hormone that regulates the storage of nutrients. Pancreas is an essential gland for life and has both endocrine (produces hormones such as insulin, which regulates the level of blood sugar and glucagon, which down the sugar) and exocrine (that makes pancreatic juice, a liquid composed of water, bicarbonate, and numerous digestive enzymes that play a vital role in digestion of food) features.
When the pancreas is weak, we may be suffering various conditions such as high blood sugar levels (diabetes), pancreatitis, and more.
What damages the pancreas?
- Animal fats, especially cow's milk and red meat are harmful to the health of the pancreas. Also refined products, sausages and fried.
- Foods with added chemicals (such as preservatives, colorings, additives, etc.), and refined products (sugar, flour, etc.) block many vital body functions, and damage the functions of the pancreas.
- Drinking alcohol
- Anger, frustration and disappointment are emotions that influence the malfunction of the pancreas.
Take care and heal your pancreas
The health is very easy to obtain and maintain if you consider certain habits every day. Here are some natural habits that will help you heal pancreas:
- Avoid animal fats and fried foods, your diet should be based on steamed vegetables, whole grains, brown sugar or honey, and substitute animal milk for vegetable milks. Avoid highly fermented cheese and products with additives and colorings.
- Take a daily fasting tablespoon of olive oil extra-virgin and immediately drink a glass of warm water with a squeezed lemon.
- Make physical activity like yoga or tai chi to maintain good circulation of oxygen and nutrients throughout your body and invigorate the functions of organs such as the pancreas.
- Drink two liters daily of pure water (avoid sugary drinks or colored).
- Avoid smoking, drinking alcohol and heavily contaminated sites, which are irritating to the pancreas.
- Stay at your ideal weight, overweight wears terribly your whole body functions.
In cases of severe pain, inflammation or diseases of the pancreas:
- Make a cleansing diet for two days. This diet is to eat a specific fruit every day, you can choose either pineapple, grapes or oranges, but eat the same fruit for two days. Eat them for two days with two liters of water, starting the day fasting with two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Make a cleansing diet when you have some days to rest to avoid stress, rush, irritations, etc.
- Once you finish the diet, start your day by drinking warm water with lemon and a teaspoon fasting of olive oil, and follow all the general recommendations above until you heal your pancreas. It is very important, above all, to avoid sugar and refined flour, which only fool the body's metabolism.
- Eat a piece of fresh ginger in the lunch, wash well, and you can eat it whole. This is a great natural remedy to heal the pancreas.
- The aloe juice will help to revitalize the damaged cells of the pancreas, to heal and stay healthy. Drink a cup of aloe juice daily at breakfast time or lunch.
- If you have severe pain, green clay poultice is ideal. Mix clay with hot water and make a soft dough, place on top of your abdomen at the level of the pancreas.
- Take these foods as supplements: yeast, artichoke, horsetail tea at night, celery, onion, garlic, blueberries, all citrus, milk and vegetable seeds.
- Eat slowly, avoid stress and hurry. Meals should be light, about five a day, but with the right combination of foods.
- Review how you feel, because what you feel noticeably affects the functioning of your body.
- Avoid indigestion and poor food combination, avoid combining any sweet food with meals, as the sugar ferments and creates alcohol. Desserts should be eaten an hour after eating.
Posted by DSA